First Year, Full Time students: Once you send in your deposit, you are invited (and expected!) to attend one of three Orientation Sessions provided for new students. Orientation will introduce you to life on campus, other incoming students, and the resources available to help you thrive in your first year as a Mitchell student.
Registration is required. There is no fee to attend; however, family members who wish to stay overnight in the residence hall will be charged $20 per person. Resident students attending Orientation in August are invited to move into their room after checking in.
Schedule: Check in between 1:00 pm and 3:30 pm on Day One, at Yarnall Center. Students and parents will attend seperate programs, starting at 4 pm. Dinner, breakfast, and lunch will be provided to students. The program will end at 1:00 pm on Day Two. Detailed agenda will be distributed at check in. You will be assigned a lab session for advising and course registration.
Transfer and Part Time students: Orientation is optional.
- Attend an advising session and build your class schedule
- Hands on instruction: Log into your Mitchell email account, set up Rave Alert, learn how to use your Student Portal
- Submit required forms: Health, housing, and more
- Find a roommate and learn how to use the roommate selection system
- Get your College ID
- Become familiar with the great resources available at Mitchell College.
- Review the summer reading program, get your book and assignments
- Finalize your financial aid plans
- Receive the schedule for check in and expectations for Welcome Weekend
- Parents: discover the ways you can help your student make a successful transition
May Session I: May 27-28 (registration closes on May 22nd)
May Session II: May 30-31 (registration closes on May 25th)
August Session III: Dates Pending
There is no cost for new Mitchell students to participate in orientation. There will be a $20 cost per family/guest member requesting to stay in a room over night during orientation. For a list of hotels in the area, click on Visitor Guide. Several offer discounts to Mitchell families!
What to Bring
- Photo Identification
- Pen, paper
- Comfortable walking shoes and light jacket
- Book bag for orientation materials
- Pillow, sheets, blanket, or sleeping bag
- Towel, personal toiletries, and shower flip flops
You may request linens on the registration link. Items are limited and will be reserved on a first come first serve basis.
Students with Disabilities
Disability Student Services (DSS) provides accommodations and coordinates services to assure equal access to students with documented disabilities.
Please contact Crystal Hill at 860-629-6137 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss access needs at Orientation. Last minute disability disclosure may make accommodations difficult.
Cheri Henault, Director of Student Activities: Henault_c@mitchell.edu or 860-701-5052
Jason Ebbeling, VP of Student Affairs: Ebbeling_j@mitchell.edu or 860-701-5197