The Mitchell Society
The Mitchell Society was initiated in 2012 to recognize that those who give at leadership levels to Mitchell College are active partners in a shared vision for the College. The Society creates opportunities to share information and encourage dialogue in our community of supporters.
Much like the founders of Mitchell College in 1938, Charter Members in The Mitchell Society will transform history. Mitchell has always been known for delivering an extraordinarily personal education, providing practical programs and experiences that develop skills for success.
The Mitchell College vision is to grow as a national leader in providing academic and student support through strong individual and personal connections, and to expand innovative and engaging academic programs to all students who aspire to a better future.
A Tangible Impact
Examples of your gifts at work:
- Scholarship support: providing tuition assistance to students with financial need and academic promise
- Support for academic excellence: expanding Mitchell’s capacity to deliver innovative and engaging academic and co-curricular programs
- Professional opportunities:Supporting employment resources to provide students with the necessary skills to succeed after graduation
- Technology innovations: ensuring facilities and equipment that make cutting-edge programs and resources available to students and faculty
- Student life promoting student activities that enhance the development and well-being of Mitchell students both in and out of the classroom
- Athletic programs developing personal potential in the spirit of good sportsmanship and healthy competition
- Cultural arts: enriching the College through opportunities that bring local, national and international leaders to campus
We hope you will become part of this growing tradition. Help prepare Mitchell College students for lives of significance. Become a Charter Member today through your commitment of $1,000 or more to the College.
Who are members of the Mitchell Society?
- An alumnus inspired by a Mitchell College professor to follow his dreams
- Parents of a current Mitchell student who see how their daughter is maturing intellectually while developing life skills to prepare her for adulthood
- A business woman who wants her contribution to support a school that values innovation and leadership
- An organization that understands how supporting higher education benefits the entire community
These individuals, organizations and others believe so strongly in the mission and vision of Mitchell that they contribute $1,000 or more annually in support of various projects and programs. They are committed to helping Mitchell succeed, and they give generously of their passion and resources to ensure that it does.
As partners in education, society members receive:
- News and updates from the President and senior level administrators
- Invitations to special College events
- Decorative pins for women and custom neckties for men to be worn at Mitchell events
- Recognition at a special annual gathering of the Mitchell community
- Notation in the annual Honor Roll of Donors
Most of all, Society members are appreciated for the significant role they play in making a difference in the lives of current and future Mitchell College students.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I make a gift and become a Mitchell Society Charter member?
Qualify for annual membership by making a gift of $1,000 or more to Mitchell College. Gifts may be made with one payment or with multiple payments within the College’s fiscal year (July 1-June 30). Any gift made to Mitchell during the fiscal year will be counted toward Society membership. Gifts can be made by check, credit card payments (Mastercard, Visa or Discover), or by transfer of securities and property. Membership is renewable on an annual basis.
Do I make my gift to The Mitchell Society?
Gifts are not directed to The Mitchell Society, but rather to the College and its various programs, initiatives and funds.
Will my spouse/partner also be a member?
With a gift of $1,000 or more, both spouses are members of The Mitchell Society for the fiscal year.
My employer will match my contributions to the College. Will they count toward my Society membership?
Yes, in most cases. Because the College would not have access to your employer’s matching gift without your contribution, your employer’s gift will count if it is received in the same fiscal year and brings the total value of your gift to the required membership level.
Will previous Mitchell College giving societies continue?
The Mitchell Society is the successor to all previous giving societies at the College. They have laid a strong foundation for the initiation of The Mitchell Society, and past members of giving societies who continue to make annual gifts of $1,000 or more to the College will receive Charter Membership in The Society.
I have more questions. Whom do I call?
You may contact the Office of Advancement at 860-701-5092 or by emailing email@example.com.