What is the Mitchell College Student Ambassador Program?
The Mitchell College Student Ambassador Program is a group of outstanding student leaders who are selected to represent the College in many capacities. Student Ambassadors are dedicated to student success, diversity, and strengthening student connections. Ambassadors enjoy working with people, are committed to creating change in their community, and are excited about sharing their experiences at Mitchell College with others. These paid student positions are offered through the Office of Admissions. A position as a Mitchell College Student Ambassador is one of high esteem and a source of self-enrichment. Meet Mitchell College’s Student Ambassadors!
What are the benefits of becoming a Student Ambassador?
- Paid, on-campus student employment, with flexible hours.
- Opportunities for campus exposure, making the Student Ambassadors some of the most visible and well-known students on campus.
- Development of personal growth, self-esteem, leadership skills and a professional resume
- Unparalleled experience in public relations (meeting people, public speaking, representing the College) which help develop the skills and confidence vital to future success in job interviews and career advancement
- Opportunity to work with and learn from Mitchell College staff. Broaden contacts among faculty, staff, students, and administration for pleasure, help on campus, and references upon graduation
- A Presidential certificate of appreciation upon successful completion of trainings and position responsibilities.
What duties are performed by the Student Ambassadors?
Student Ambassadors build bridges within The Mitchell College Community, as well as the greater community and partners. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Giving campus tours to college visitors. Personalizing the College visit by making visitors feel welcome, comfortable, and confident about their Mitchell College experience.
- Demonstrating sincerity, enthusiasm, credibility, interest, and helpfulness in all aspects of the Student Ambassador position
- Representing Mitchell College at recruitment and Campus events
- Promoting and increasing involvement in student events and opportunities
- Participating in occasional photo shoots for promotional materials for Mitchell College
- Informing prospective students and parents interested in Mitchell College about all facets of Mitchell College life -- academic programs, faculty and students, physical facilities, social opportunities, and student services.
- Making presentations about Mitchell College at high schools.
- Staffing the Admissions Office
- Attending monthly training sessions.
- Receiving invitations to special events for members such as, holiday parties, celebrations and end-of-year receptions.
- Must be in good academic standing with a minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA
- Submit at least one (1) letter of recommendation
- Completed Student Ambassador Application Packet
Selection criteria include:
- Dedication to the group and ability to commit necessary time
- Sincere desire to represent Mitchell College
- Effective speaking ability
- Ability to make a positive first impression
- Ability to adapt to a variety of situations
- Ability to work well with others
- Enthusiasm about Mitchell College
- Responsibility, dependability
Although hard work and commitment are required, much of the individual participation in activities can be worked around Ambassadors’ class and study schedules.
Membership in the Mitchell College Student Ambassador Program is limited.
How can YOU apply to be a Student Ambassador and make a difference at MITCHELL COLLEGE?
Visit Career Services or check the Ambassador web page to fill out an application. Ambassadors are selected annually.