Most colleges today utilize student tutors. Mitchell College believes that this type of tutoring model isn’t the most effective in meeting students’ needs. Therefore, Mitchell recruits skilled professionals for its tutoring staff. Mitchell’s tutors come from the College’s adjunct faculty, other local colleges and schools, and the business community. They all share a commitment to the one-on-one personalized instruction that is a hallmark of sound tutoring.
Whether you need short-term help to get through a particularly difficult course or regular assistance to get to the top of your class, Mitchell’s tutoring Center provides you with free, professional, individualized tutoring.
The Tutoring Center offers students:
- Individual and group sessions by appointment or walk-in;
- Special help in developmental writing;
- Assistance in library research;
- Assistance in writing papers;
- Test and exam preparation; and
- Sessions on improving study skills.
The Tutoring Center