Phone: (860) 629-6005 or (860) 629-6006
The Mitchell College Bookstore is located on DeBiasi Drive on the first floor of the Yarnall Athletic Center.
Summer Hours Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Saturday - Sunday Closed
The Bookstore will be closed on Memorial Day and Independence Day.
All rented summer texts are due back in store on August 8th, 2014.
Besides required books and supplies for course use, the Bookstore stocks a variety of merchandise and offers services of interest to the college community, including:
- Student and office supplies
- College imprinted items such as decals, glassware, pennants, sportswear, etc.
- Greeting cards
- Dorm essentials and accessories
Textbook Return Policy
- The last day for textbook refunds for each semester is the last day of Add/Drop. Rentals are due back in store by the last day of finals.
- Textbooks bought new must have no highlighting.
- Textbooks that were in shrink wrap must have the shrink wrap completely intact.
- Extra items that may have been included with the textbook, whether new or used, such as CD-ROMS and workbooks must also be returned with the textbook.
- Textbooks brought back that do not meet the above criteria or that were purchased in a previous semester will be issued the wholesale buyback value, if any. Otherwise such items wil be non-returnable, so we encourage you to keep your receipt and take care of the books you buy until you are sure about what you will need for your classes.
Trade Books & Materials
- Trade books such as best-sellers and dictionaries that are not academic materials are refundable within 2 days of purchase.
- Review books, study aids and all items relating to courses offered at Mitchell College may be returned within 24 hours of purchase.
- All trade books and materials must be undamaged, without creasing or signs of wear.
- Items that include CD-ROM or DVD study materials must include those items intact and unopened.
- A receipt dated within 30 days is required for all general merchandise returns and exchanges.
- All returns and exchanges must be new, unused, and contain all original packaging and accessories.
- Some items cannot be returned if opened and may only be exchangeable for identical items, including music, movies, video games, electronics, software and collectibles. Other restrictions may apply.
- Refunds for credit card purchases will be credited back to the card. Any third party checks (i.e. financial aid) will be credited back to the account; no refund is due to the customer.
- Clearance and seasonal merchandise will be refunded at their current price.
- Any refunds without store receipt will be handled at the discretion of the store manager. Credit will only be given as a store gift card.
Buyback is available year round at the bookstore. Values are often increased during peak buyback times, at semester end.
At the end of the semester, if a text has been ordered by a professor, the bookstore will pay 25% to 50% of the purchase price until quantity needed for the store is reached. All other books will be purchased for a national company with a guide value price (typically 0 to 25% of the original purchase price).