Phone: (860) 629-6005 or (860) 629-6006
The Mitchell College Bookstore is located on DeBiasi Drive on the first floor of the Yarnall Athletic Center.
|Monday - Thursday
||9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
||9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
|Saturday - Sunday
Besides required books and supplies for course use, the Bookstore stocks a variety of merchandise and offers services of interest to the college community, including:
- Student and office supplies
- College imprinted items such as decals, glassware, pennants, sportswear, etc.
- Greeting cards
- Dorm essentials and accessories
Textbook Return Policy
- The last day for textbook refunds for each semester is the last day of Add/Drop. Rentals are due back in store by the last day of finals.
- Textbooks bought new must have no highlighting.
- Textbooks that were in shrink wrap must have the shrink wrap completely intact.
- Extra items that may have been included with the textbook, whether new or used, such as CD-ROMS and workbooks must also be returned with the textbook.
- Textbooks brought back that do not meet the above criteria or that were purchased in a previous semester will be issued the wholesale buyback value, if any. Otherwise such items wil be non-returnable, so we encourage you to keep your receipt and take care of the books you buy until you are sure about what you will need for your classes.
Trade Books & Materials
- Trade books such as best-sellers and dictionaries that are not academic materials are refundable within 2 days of purchase.
- Review books, study aids and all items relating to courses offered at Mitchell College may be returned within 24 hours of purchase.
- All trade books and materials must be undamaged, without creasing or signs of wear.
- Items that include CD-ROM or DVD study materials must include those items intact and unopened.
- A receipt dated within 30 days is required for all general merchandise returns and exchanges.
- All returns and exchanges must be new, unused, and contain all original packaging and accessories.
- Some items cannot be returned if opened and may only be exchangeable for identical items, including music, movies, video games, electronics, software and collectibles. Other restrictions may apply.
- Refunds for credit card purchases will be credited back to the card. Any third party checks (i.e. financial aid) will be credited back to the account; no refund is due to the customer.
- Clearance and seasonal merchandise will be refunded at their current price.
- Any refunds without store receipt will be handled at the discretion of the store manager. Credit will only be given as a store gift card.
Buyback is available year round at the bookstore. Values are often increased during peak buyback times, at semester end.
At the end of the semester, if a text has been ordered by a professor, the bookstore will pay 25% to 50% of the purchase price until quantity needed for the store is reached. All other books will be purchased for a national company with a guide value price (typically 0 to 25% of the original purchase price).