Get a head start with credits and career this summer or just learn something new!
June classes start next week - Register Now!
You don't have to be a current Mitchell College student. Visiting students, senior citizens, life-long learners, junior and senior high-schoolers are all welcome. There's something for everyone.
- Courses are both credit and non-credit.
- Prices are competitive.
- Non-credit courses are discounted.
- And seniors (62+) can take a course for just $98.
Need a reason to take a summer course?
- Earn some credits before you head to the beach or after your job. Your credits will transfer to most colleges and universities. (Be sure to confirm with your college.)
- Learn something new – Digital photography. Sailing. Painting. TV Comedy Writing.
- Get in shape – Sailing. Tennis. Yoga.
- Enhance your job expertise – International Business. Drugs, Law and Society. Managing Sport Industry.
- Boost your college skills – College Writing and Research. Information Tech Literacy.
- Get a jump on your course load – US History II. Literature of Eugene O'Neill. Language and Culture – Arabic.
- It's affordable – Rates are competitive and discounts are available for non-credit courses and senior citizens.
- Fit your schedule – We offer week-long intensives, Saturday modules, day and evening classes on campus, and online courses.
- Private Beach Access – for registered students and their families.
The Mitchell College Summer Sessions consist of three condensed terms plus an Internship program (only open to current Mitchell College students):
- June/July Terms – Monday, June 2, through Saturday, August 16 – Check Course Listings for days, dates and times for each course. (No class on July 4.)
- Internships – Monday, May 19, through Friday, August 8 – Internships are open only to current Mitchell College students who have met their prerequisites and must be arranged with the instructor.
View all available courses (with full descriptions and tuition information).
If you are a student at Mitchell College (full-time or part-time), you can use our "express" registration.
If you haven't taken a class at Mitchell before, and do not plan to enroll in a degree-seeking program, use our New Student Registration.
If you plan on enrolling in a Mitchell College degree program, you need to apply. If accepted, you can start this summer.
Tuition and Other Costs
Fees are charged at the time of registration. We are proud to offer some of the most competitive fees in the region:
- Credit: $295 per credit hour ($885 for a three-credit course)
- Non-credit: $148 per credit hour ($445 for a three-credit course)
- Senior Citizens: $98 per course except where otherwise noted (Senior citizens are those who are 62 years of age by June 1.)
There is no registration fee. Some courses may require incidental expenses for travel, supplies, books, or lab fees.
Payment is required at time of registration and may be made online.
Housing is available for June and July for $1,450 per month.
Academic assistance through the Bentsen Learning Center (BLC) is available. BLC fees for the June/July term have not been determined yet. Please contact the Bursar's Office at 860-701-5061 for up-to-date information.